Friday, December 11, 2015

Arrivedercci!

Ciao friends!!

I know I haven't blogged in a while, and I would say it's because I have had a lot going on but that simply isn't true.  I have had a rough go of it these last few weeks.  I sort of isolated myself and spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself because I feel isolated.  It's a vicious circle and one that I probably shouldn't be having when I am in Italy, but my heart knows now that I have soaked up every ounce of this experience and that it is now ready to head full force into the next chapter and the next adventure.  Teaching these last few weeks has been amazing.  I finally have learned how to navigate the classroom, I know what level each class is at, and I have activities and games that I know work the best with each of them.  Of course, right as I am leaving!!  This is my last day in Macerata.  This last week has been filled with so much love from fellow teachers, staff, and students.  It filled my eyes with tears to know just how much they appreciated me and I just hope that they understand just how much they have changed my life.  I know that I will miss this place dearly, and that a piece of my heart will always remain here.  This is the place where I have grown.  This is the place where I have found myself and what makes me come alive.  I have grown in every facet of life, and I have been able to enjoy the company of some of the most amazing, inspiring, and kind people I have ever come to know.  I have learned to adapt, I have learned that I am a biased individual, I have learned that I have so much more to learn.  Every part of this solo journey has been all I hoped it would be and more.  I walk away with no regrets and a vast new understanding of the world.  Wow, how lucky am I?  So as I say goodbye to Macerata, I now get to say hello to my love, Brent.  We are going to meet about 24 hours from now in the Rome airport!  We are taking a whirlwind 10 day trip all over Italy and I can't wait to share my love for this country with him and to have someone truly understand me for the first time in what seems like forever!  We are heading to Rome, Naples, Sorrento and the Almalfi coast, Florence, and then back to Rome where we fly out.  This is the fun part my friends so stay tuned for more amazing pictures and updates.  My heart is singing and it is full.  Until we meet again, Macerata.  Thank you for everything you have given me and showed me about the world, but more importantly about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment