Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Finding my Voice.

Ciao all my wonderful readers!  I know I just blogged yesterday but I was just so deep in thought today I thought I would share a little more.  In the classroom this morning I really took the reigns, and I played a game where I split the class in two and it was a competition.  I would put a statement on the board such as "My name is Linsey" and they have to produce a grammatically correct question correlating to that statement.  So their answer should be "What is your name?"  It ended up being a lot of fun and was successful at keeping them engaged!  Yay!  It's such a good feeling to execute something that I just came up with.  After class I went on a walk around time and ran a few errands.  I have so much time to think about everything here and I came to a realization today that brought tears to my eyes.  Here I am unapologetically myself.  I have no one that has expectations of who I should be, and I don't hold myself to a standard of what others have set for me.  I do what I think is right and I believe in myself.  For the longest time I think the thing that really has held me back is trying so so very hard to please everyone around me.  I am a notorious people pleaser, to the detriment of myself a lot of times.  There are a lot of people in this world that are ready and willing to take advantage of someone who is self sacrificing, which leaves little room for my own wants and needs.  I am so much more comfortable doing what others tell me to do and not having my own voice or opinion.  Being here I am starting to hear my own inner voice.  It's getting louder and clearer and I believe that it has something important to say.  I believe that if I let it, it can lead me wherever I wish to go in life.  I feel lucky because I know I am not alone in this and I have had the privilege to take the time to take an uninterrupted look at this problem.  Although I will be a learner for the rest of my life, the ability to teach others and be confident in my knowledge and my voice is really a big step to becoming a better coach, a better teacher, and a better human being.  One thing I will always try to instill in others is to stand up for their voice and that if educated, their voice is heir most powerful gift they are given and the most powerful gift they can give to others.  Sorry to be so philosophical on you all.  I am so excited to visit Venice this weekend!  It should be a great trip and maybe I might even take a gondola ride, but I might just save that for when Brent gets here.  Just under 2 months!!  Time is seriously flying by.

“ Nothing that I can do will change the structure of the universe. But maybe, by raising my voice I can help the greatest of all causes—goodwill among men and peace on earth.” ~ Albert Einstein

I love you all,

Linsey  

No comments:

Post a Comment